Eagle challenges and improves your balance. It also helps to open up the shoulders with the arm bind. You might notice how one side is easier than the other.
Sanskrit Name: garudasana.
Eagle Pose Instructions:
– Start in tadasana – mountain pose. Bend your knees slightly. Lift your right leg toward your chest, balancing on your left foot and cross your right thigh over your left. Point your right toes toward the floor, press back and hook the top of the right foot behind your left calf, if possible.
– Reach your arms forward, parallel to the floor and spread your shoulder blades wide down your back. Cross the right arm over your left and bend your elbows. Tuck the right elbow into the crook of your left and lift your forearms perpendicular to the floor. The backs of the palms should be touching.
– Take the arm twist one step further by bringing the palms together to touch. Raise the forearms higher, feeling the stretch in your upper back and shoulders.
Sink deep into this pose, holding for 15-30 seconds. Unwind the legs and arms and return to tadasana. Repeat on the other side.
– Strengthens and stretches the ankles and calves.
– Stretches the thighs, hips, shoulders and upper back.
– Improves balance and concentration.
– Don’t worry if you can’t wrap your foot around the opposite calf quite yet. You can point the toes toward the ground and use it as a “kick stand” until you’re able to balance on the opposite foot.
– If needed, practice near a wall to stabilize until you can balance.
Thank you for watching and allowing me to guide you through your practice. Don’t forget to subscribe!
Other places to get inspired:
Instagram – http://instagram.com/Dashworthy
Snapchat – @BeDashworthy
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/bedashworthy
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/bedashworthy/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Dashworthy
Our lives are two dates connected by a dash. Make the most of everything in between.
#yogapose #yogagirl #yogatutorial #yogi #yogis #yogavideo #yogahowto #findbalance #standingbalance #garudasana #eaglepose #yogabalance #balancingpose
Video Rating: / 5